Monday, December 07, 2009

feel like writing

mamma said she dont like the way
i'm holding my head lately
she say my gait is off
she say my voice doesnt come out the same
that it turns around and dives right back into me
falling flat in my belly

i looked at me
thru her mirror
it was so unkind
watch dangling from my wrist
antennas moving all over the place
even tho i was standing still
dark circles under my eyes where
hope and future usta be
cheek bones razor sharp
and lips that wouldn't bend

i saw
fragments

and i know i would've given even what was left
had he simply held out his hand
i know
i will give what's left
if he just held out his hand

i wanted to get to the root
think it, say it out loud
sans all the poetic bullshit



i had come through my hell
draped in jewels
whole and radiant

feeling fine
feeling great
feeling like...
life, despite the tragedy
is beauty

but he came
and danced something beautiful
shined up my jewels and made my radiance
greater
he sang sweet and low
lulling me into a secure and sacred sleep
one that made me feel more awake
more alive than ever

i plucked my jewels
one by one
and placed them in his hand
watched while he swallowed me
savored me
rubbed his belly
and held out his hand for more
everything about being in his mouth felt amazing
his tongue was wet
and warm
his throat was the passage to bliss
bliss
i had never been there before

i did something i had never done before
i gave him the best part
the best

he took me
shrunk me
put me in his pocket
and
vanished

i almost had myself convinced
it was all a dream
some silly girl poetic fantasy
i had churned up in my imagination










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home